We get it. Weddings can be stressful, and trying to ensure that you (the bride) are the constant centre of attention doesn’t ease the pressure. And while there’s only so much you can do about your dress, hair and make-up, we’re here to show you how a floral touch can do wonders no matter how you style your hair.
Ponytails and Loose Hair
Tiara’s are the perfect floral embellishment for those choosing to leave those locks loose or in a ponytail. You could go totally floral or mix it up with buds and leaves for an au naturel feel.
Buns and Updos
Since these are the most traditional go-to style for brides, you can choose to cover the entire bun with flowers (roses are simply perfect for this) or you can just outline it with tiny flowers or buds. A nice twist would be to have a couple of flowers adorning either the top or bottom of the bun, the latter making it look like the bun is resting on a floral bed. If you’re a side bun kinda girl, a touch of flowers would be the perfect accompaniment.
For those of you with Rapunzel-like tassels, braiding seems like a wise choice. Be it the traditional long (aka South Indian) braid or the ever so captivating fishtail braid, adding flowers, buds or petals to the braid can turn this, already fabulous hairdo, into a magnificent one.
- Don’t overdo it. You want to enhance the hairstyle, not turn your head into a garden.
- Play around with combinations such as a tiara on the head plus tiny buds embedded in your fishtail braid. Again, don’t overdo it.
- Coming back to combinations, you could also try using petite flowers to complement the jewellery you’re wearing (head and all)
- Ensure to use fresh flowers. You don’t want to be stinking halfway through the day.
- If you can’t find fresh flowers, don’t fret. Faux flowers work just as great. And they’re reusable!
With so many options to choose from, brides – it’s time to go floral!